Charles,

Doing this kind of correlation is very difficult for the following reasons:
- unless you measure a very simple and dummy system, hardware today is
so complex that you cant predict for sure its activity; it is a strong
function
of time.
-tThe spectrum analyzer and scope will look at the same signal
in different ways: analog spectrum analyzers have a seep time and settling
time determining the frequency and aperture of visit each frequency.
If you have a spectrumn analyzer used for compliance tests,
probably the CISPR filter is on.  Scopes on the other hand (digital scopes)
undersample the signal, whether it is called real-time or not.  Memory
and displey refresh rate does not allow scopes to display and process all
data points of high-frequency signals.  Real-time scopes do it for a
given time window, but it is usually way less than the time constant of
a CISPR filter on the spectrum analyzer.
- connection to the source makes a big difference.  I assume when you
calibrated the reading with a sine wave, a coaxial cable with coax
connectors
at both ends was used.  Presumably the product does not have a coaxial
connector on the Vcc plane, so you have to make your own connection or
use a hand-held probe.  This is very extra noise usually gets in the path,
and
the scope reading becomes unrealistically high.  I have found no active
scope probes so far, which would give a correct reading in a noisy
environment.
We hopefully should not see noise on the Vcc planes more than a few
hundred mV.  In contrast, many scope probes can pick up spikes as big as
volts from the environment.  If you want to measure noise levels below
100mVpp,
double-shielded coax is necessary in noisy environments.  Here the 'noisy
environment' refers to the close vicinity of the point you test.  The
simplest
test is: take your present probe, and hook up a good double-shielded coax
to the same points.  Check both readings on the same scope at the same time,
and compare.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Istvan Novak