Then the answer is the difference between the sum of all spectral components
measured with the scope vs. the individual components themselves.  If you
want correlation you have to go the FFT route.   From a strictly EMC
point-of-view only the spectral components matter, the only point of
measuring with a scope is if you don't have an analyzer and are going to
perform an FFT anyway.