I read in !emc-pstc that Ken Javor <ken.ja...@emccompliance.com> wrote
(in <bb480cc1.366c%ken.ja...@emccompliance.com>) about 'self blinking
LEDs as EMI sources  WAS: LED lamps' on Sat, 26 Jul 2003:
>I agree with most of Mr. Woodgate's commentary, but I wonder if the
>presence of even an rf emission (as contrasted to 50 Hz) should cause
>any problem to a land-line phone with a wired handset.  It wouldn't seem
>likely that the power available from a couple AA batteries would be
>sufficient for that.

It's maybe a question of proximity, but I agree that I was reaching for
an explanation.

>Now if it were a cordless phone and there were an
>rf emission in band to the cordless link, that would be much more
>credible.

The OP didn't mention that: if it is, it reminds me of the story of the
sailor who reported to a newspaper that his broken leg had been cured in
three days by wrapping it in oakum and tarring it.

After many protestations of disbelief, he disclosed that the leg was
made of wood.
http://www.isce.org.uk
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!