Hi Peter:

> Is anyone aware of any CTL decisions for
> IEC60950:2000 or -1, where operator accessible
> fuse replacement marking requirements may be
> waived, based on the fuse not being required for
> safety reasons (did not open during any test
> under any conditions of test) and where of the
> fuse may be replaced by an operator/user?

If the safety tests were successfully conducted
with the fuse shorted, then there are no marking
requirements.  The fuse becomes a functional part,
not a safety part.

However, safety standards assume a fuse is only
used for safety.  So, the safety standard marking
requirements "automatically" apply to all fuses.

CB certification houses are reluctant to deviate
>from the standard for fear of being criticized by
other certification houses who will use the CB.
So, to avoid possible criticism, they will take
the conservative position and impose the marking
requirement and will be highly reluctant to
deviate from the standard.

You MAY be able to get the cert house to explain
in the report that tests were conducted with the
fuse shorted, and therefore a fuse replacment
marking was not required.

Best regards,
Rich