Peter,

This isn't an article but it is an excellent book in the scope of your
question.
The Amazon.com review criticized it for not being specific enough.
Specificity was not the aim of the book.

It provides a great overview of the challenges and approaches that one needs
to take with software controlling hardware systems.

If you want a book that tells you how to do software, this is not it.

Safeware: System Safety and Computers
Nancy Leveson
Hardcover: 704 pages ; Dimensions (in inches): 1.21 x 9.52 x 6.60
Publisher: Addison-Wesley Pub Co; 1st edition (April 7, 1995)
ISBN: 0201119722

No - I do not get royalities from the sale of the book.
I have taken a class with Ms. Levenson and listened to her speak at an
International System Safety Conference.

Oscar

peter merguerian <pmerguerian2...@yahoo.com>@majordomo.ieee.org on
08/21/2003 11:54:07 AM