John,

To illustrate your worry on the 50% non-compliant Doc's, I show a quite
recent example of a EU DoC for a product that should comply with the R&TTE
Directive.

*************************
DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
Application of directive 89/336/EEC standards to which conformity is
declared:
- IEC60950, 3rd ed
- UL60950, 3rd ed
- CSA C22.2 No.60950 3rd ed, <xxxx> mark
- EN55022:1994
- EN61000-3-2 & -3-3
- EN55024:1998 (+listing of all basic standards)
- FCC Part 15 A
- ICES-003

Model/ Partno to which conformity is declared:
- Model: <xxxx>
- Part no: <listing all sub-assy's>

Conformity is declared:

And I did not accidently forget the name of the mftr, it is simply not on
the DoC.

Regards,
Kris Carpentier