In a message dated 10/3/2003 12:34:57 PM Central Daylight Time,
bstu...@dlsemc.com writes:

This points out one of the weaknesses of the self-declaration (DOC). The
responsible party can self declare for whatever standards they feel suite
their needs.

Hi Bill,

Not really, I have to disagree. I strongly believe in the DoC approach,
otherwise we would be forced to use expensive labs.

What's needed is a combination of education and enforcement

Education, which should be free, ie state sponsered.

Enforcement, which would be self funding.

Cheers,

Derek N. Walton
Owner, L F Research EMI Design and Test Facility
Poplar Grove,
IL 61065