From: andy.wh...@nokia.com [mailto:andy.wh...@nokia.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 12:17 PM
To: rgeorger...@carrieraccess.com; emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: RE: GR-1089 Issue 3: 3.2.1 Radiated Emission Criteria

Hi Richard,
I used to deal with GR1089 testing with my previous employer. The way I used
to specify the test plans were to complete the emissions tests with 'doors
open' and 'doors closed'. This would allow the GR1089 criteria to be met and
also the FCC criteria to be met. I know that it means repeating certain test
frequency ranges but the FCC tests must be met for almost all carriers. GR1089
is not a legal requirement, it is good to meet it (especially with Verizon or
to co-locate with Verizon) but the FCC is a regulatory requirement and is good
to have to sell in other market areas.
An example of what I mean is shown below.

[1] E-Field - Enc. (Doors Closed)

GR-1089-CORE R3-1[8]

10k to 30M

Class A

E-Field - Enc. (Doors Closed)

FCC part 15,

EN55022, GR1089-CORE R3-1[8]

30M to 1G

Class A

E-Field - Enc. (Doors Closed)

FCC part 15,

GR-1089-CORE R3-1[8]

1G to 10G

Class A

E-Field - Enc. (Doors Open)

GR-1089-CORE R3-3[10]

10k to 30M

Class A

E-Field - Enc. (Doors Open)

GR-1089-CORE R3-3[10]

30M to 10G

Class A

H-Field - Enc. (Doors Open)

GR-1089-CORE R3-4[11]

60hz to 30M

Class A

[1] H-Field - Enc. (Doors Closed)

GR-1089-CORE R3-1[8]

60Hz to 30M

Class A

[1] perform doors closed only if doors open criteria is not met.

Andy

Andy White
EMC Engineer
Nokia San Diego