On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:38:01 +0100 (CET),
  r...@rpgarner.freeserve.co.uk wrote:

> Be warned, something like this was tried by a UK manufacturer.
> They failed the tests, then persauded a Competent body to sign off
> a TCF stating that the failed tests were not applicable or were
> unpassable by their equipment.  They then CE marked and placed on
> the market. Within their documentation they placed a warning about
> how it should be used which effectively negated the CE mark. The
> local Trading Standards body (the UK CE policeing body) found out.
> They did not take them to court, but made them withdraw all their
> products(several thousand) and fix the problem so the equipment
> passed.
> And their equipment did pass after redesign.

I guess that the manufacturer couldn't demonstrate that the
product fulfilled the requirements of the Directive.

If the manufacturer can assure that the product comply with the
protection requirements of the Directive, and the manufacturer
completed all the steps required by the Directive, they can
legally issue DoC and affix CE mark on the product even if
the product failed to pass the test - isn't it?

I don't think it as a easy way, and I think it should be used
very carefully.
In most cases, I would suggest to redesign the product so that
it can pass the test.

Regards,
Tom

Tomonori Sato  <vef00...@nifty.ne.jp>