Hi Peter:

>   The body shape and dimensions, the pin sizes shapes,
>   dimensions and orientations where they interface with an
>   appliance coupler I know are defined.  I don't have copies
>   of all of the IEC60320 documents and am unaware that the
>   product interior side of the appliance inlet is defined in
>   those standards.

The IEC 60320 does not specify the interior side of
the inlet.  However, IEC 60320 does specify a minimum
spacing of 4 mm between mains and the PE anywhere on
the inlet.

In the best case, the interior would also meet the
same spacings, 5 mm, as the mating face.  Some
manufacturers include a ridge between all terminals
so as to guarantee the spacing is at least 5 mm.

>   Do these standards also control the form-factors so that
>   that one SMD has the same foot print as another?  Same for
>   through-hole devices?  How the conductors are routed  and
>   the other shapes not addressed by a standard could
>   conceivable contribute to DB at a finite potential greater
>   than 2kVac specified in IEC60320-1.

No, the form factor and foot print are not specified
in IEC 60320.

The distance and the conductor shape determine the
electric strength of any pair of conductors or
conductive parts.

The greater the distance, the greater the electric
strength.

The more homogenous the electric field (created by
the shape of the conductors), the greater the
electric strength.

Best regards,
Rich