I read in !emc-pstc that jules <ju...@hursley-emc.co.uk> wrote (in
<2B924D0A9291D511B59300D0B7208EA811E4F7@HEMC01>) about 'Ozone testing'
on Thu, 29 Jan 2004:
> We have a customer generating ozone via corona discharge, for water
>purification. I am trying to find info on levels and limits, and test
>standards. I admit this is a bit off the mark for the group, but hope
>someone can advise. So far I have found the HSE doc EH38 & ISO 13964,
>but I cannot find a lab in the UK able to test limits, lots of equipment
>to perform the measurements. I'd appreciate anyone's advice on this, as
>so far it appears below 0.1ppm is OK ! Perhaps it isn't necessary,
>despite the health hazards of ozone ??

A Google search for 'ozone level' turned up far more hits that I can
scan, but this is from the US EPA's 'Ozone page not found' page:

EPA issued the 8-hour standard in 1997, based on information
demonstrating that the 1-hour standard was inadequate for protecting
public health. An area violates the standard if its fourth highest daily
maximum 8-hour ozone average in a year, averaged over three consecutive
years, is 0.085 parts per million or higher. The 1-hour standard also
remains in effect at this time.

I suspect that at 0.1 ppm, you can't smell it, and if you can't smell
it, you probably won't complain about it. (;-)

Visit our web site at:  http://www.ieee-pses.org/