From: richwo...@tycoint.com
[mailto:richwo...@tycoint.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 5:09 AM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: RE: WEEE Directive

After some additional research, I found my answer.
Electrolyte capacitors
contain substances of concern if the volume of the
device exceeds a
specified minumum. In that case, the metals are to be
recovered and the rest
is to be treated by high temperatures. Additional
information on the WEEE
recovery process can be found in
http://www1.oecd.org/ehs/Waste/AUTLoSt.doc

Richard Woods
Sensormatic Electronics
Tyco International

and components that
> must be removed for selective treatment including
"Electrolyte capacitors
> containing substances of concern . . ."
>
> Other than the four heavy metals and PCBs, what
"substances of concern",
> if any, may be found in electrolytic capacitors?
>
> Richard Woods
> Sensormatic Electronics
> Tyco International

This message is from the IEEE EMC Society Product
Safety

Visit our web site at:
http://www.ewh.ieee.org/soc/emcs/pstc/

All emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on
the web at:
    http://ieeepstc.mindcruiser.com/