Hi EMC Gurus,
        I have been struggling with something for a while and have decided that
this
is the best place to send my question:

        I would like to better understand how quasi-peak is determined on a
single
pulse of specified duration.  From my understanding, Quasi-peak applies an RC
time constant to the pulse.  If the pulse length equals 5 times the RC time
constant, then the QP measurement will be roughly 99% of the peak measurement.
        According to CISPR-16-1 Table 1, the charging time constant specified
is 1
ms.  Therefore, according to my understanding, QP should be 99% of peak
measurement at 5ms.

        However, my experiments have given very different results.  I have an
HP8593E
spectrum analyzer.  In an effort to prove my understanding of CISPR-16-1's
definition of Quasi-peak, I applied a 1 second 900 MHz pulse to the spectrum
analyzer with QP detection on.  This 1 second pulse was applied using the
pulse trigger of a Marconi 2024 sig gen.  To my surprise, QP did not equal
peak until about 500ms.

        Does anyone know why I am getting such different results than what I had
predicted?

        I have data and analyzer pics if anyone thinks that they would help.  I
have
been told that attachments are not good for list servers, so please let me
know if you would like to see them.

Regards,

Drew Rosenberg
Regulatory Engineer