Jo,

While I agree with Bob and Rich that the use of markings will not provide you
with an immunity from prosecution, some infer from such replies that providing
warnings on the product or in the user instructions is a waste of time: this
isn't so.

Safety standards may require certain information to be provided (marked on the
equipment or contained in user or service documentation) and both product and
health and safety legislation (in Europe at least) has a duty to warn of
residual risks.  If you do not provide an adequate warning when such
information is required then you are certainly asking to be fined a higher
amount in any ensuing court case by virtue of your negligence.

Moderators,

Why is it that sometimes I only seem to get the replies to questions and not
the original questions?  Is this unique to my system (some anti-spam software
being over zealous perhaps?) or are others finding the same thing?

Regards,

Richard Hughes