Hi Joe:

>   As a manufacturer, are we covered from any liability as a result of the
>   user not being aware of what the symbol means?  Do we assume that users
>   know to refer to the manual when they see that symbol?  Are there any court
>   cases that have set precedents on this issue or related safety marking
>   issues?  Any personal experiences?

Liability arises after someone has been injured,
or after someone PERCIEVES that they have been
injured.

Liability is determined in a court of law, and
is a function of the lawyers, the legal theories,
the judge, and the jury.  Liability has been
levied even with specific, plain-language warnings
against the action that caused the injury.

Best regards,
Rich

Visit our web site at:  http://www.ieee-pses.org/