Did you try placing an attenuator between the LISN and the filter? 3 or 6 dB
should help.

   Dave Cuthbert

From: owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org] On Behalf Of Donnelly, Thomas
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 5:15 AM
To: 'Bill Stumpf'; EMC-PST (E-mail)
Subject: RE: In-house LISN calibration

As I understand ANSI C63.4 the impedance measurement is required. In fact it
is required that you meet the curve when connected to ant EMI filters you
would use during a test. At a previous employer this was interpreted as a
mandate to calibrate them in house. This really created a nightmare
considering that there were 6 chambers and a couple dozen different LISN's.
Connecting to a filter does make a difference. In fact we had several LISN's
that looked good standalone that did not meet the criteria when connected to
the filter. We wound up tuning the LISN's to meet the curve with the filters
attached. Anyone else run into this problem?

Tom Donnelly
Smiths Aerospace Actuation Systems

973-428-9898 x445
tdonne...@act-sys.com