George -

For the US, I've seen jackets on junior hard service
*extension cords* that are transparent (or translucent),
yellow, green, orange and white, so it's seems unlikely that
restrictive color requirements would exist for cordsets with
IEC60320 connector bodies.

http://www.premierpowercords.com/ opening page has a photo
of a transparent cordset

http://www.intlcordsets.com/ opening page has a photo
showing a variety of cordage jacket colors

http://www.kordking.com/stock_cord_sets.html has some
examples

Rahter than there being a specific requirement on color
(though outdoor cordage jackets tend to be orange [OSHA
might have a say with this, but I haven't tried to confirm
it] and green (for hiding amongst flora)), it seems more
likely to be based on colorant loading effects the host
polymer being able to meet the test requirements for
cordsets, though more likely cost/demand.

Regards,

Peter L. Tarver, PE
ptar...@ieee.org