Dear Dave,

Thanks for your information.

Since the local regulatory body set both E-Field AND H-Field limit for
frequency range under 195kHz. But as I know, for all radiated emission
measurement under 30MHz should use loop antenna, so I use EMCO 6502 for E and
H- fields measurement.

The spectrum analyzer dispaly (dBuV/m) with transducer factors ( magnetic
antenna factor -51.5dB). For H-field, I used extrapolation factor "3" to
calculate the corresponding limit at 10m ( becasue the document states the
limits at 300m!) I used the reading on the spectrum analyzer plus (-51.5dB)
then I can get the H-field value then I compare it with the extrapolated limit
at 10m (measuring distance).

For the E-field, I use the reading on the spectrum analyzer and compare with
the  limit at 10m (use the same extrapolation factor "3" to determine from
300m).

Since theoretically, when the Tx & Rx antennas are both loop antenna, within
the near field region, H field attenuate at the rate of 1/(r^3) and E-field
attenuate at the rate of 1/ (r^2).

My questions:

I should use "2" or "3" for the calculation of E-field extrapolation?

The mesurement methods is valid or not?

I also thanks to all experts replied the message of this problem.

Regards,

Derek.

fdev...@assaabloyitg.com 說:

Dave,

We have run the measurements at 300 m, 30 m, and 10 m and found the fall
off of 1/R^3 apply because the magnetic field is being measured using a
loop antenna. The far field E field rule does not apply for a magnetic
field.

Regards,

Frank de Vall
Sr. Engineering Manager - Compliance
Assa Abloy ITG and HID Corporation

drcuthbert@micron
.com
Sent by: To
owner-emc-pstc@ie
ee.org cc

Subject
06/22/2005 08:29 RE: 璅?嚗?RE: Near field H-field
AM measurement.

Derek,

in regards to the magnetic field measurement from 50 kHz to 1 GHz:

You can figure that your measurement is in the far-field when the distance
is >1/6 wavelength. At a distance of 10 meters this occurs above 5 MHz. So
above 5 MHz the field will drop as 1/d and the difference between 300
meters and 10 meters is 30 dB.

Below 5 MHz what is the difference between 300 meters and 10 meters? Let's
run a?NEC-2 simulation?and see what we get. The antennas are 1 meter
square loops in free space. I am comparing the current induced in the two
receive loops placed 10 and 30 meters from the transmit loop.

FREQ? ?0.25 MHz?? 82 dB
????????? 0.50????????? 69
????????? 1.00????????? 57
??????????2.00????????? 44
????????? 4.00????????? 33
????????? 8.00??????????30

I next placed the antennas 1 meter above perfect ground and obtained the
same results. These results can be mathematically confirmed (I will leave
that up to you) using the formulas I sent. It would be great if someone
could run actual measurements at 10 and 300 meters.

Once again we find that the FCC rules-of-thumb do not reflect reality.

?? Dave Cuthbert
?? Micron Technology

emc-pstc discussion list. Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/

Instructions: http://listserv.ieee.org/listserv/request/user-guide.html

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas emcp...@ptcnh.net
Mike Cantwell mcantw...@ieee.org

For policy questions, send mail to:

Richard Nute: ri...@ieee.org
Jim Bacher: j.bac...@ieee.org

IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc discussion list. Website:

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html