I know that over the last year there has been a lot of talk about the
[quickly] upcoming EN 55022 requirements on the OJ.

There had been some discussion regarding updated versions being circulated
that would resolve some of the differences between CISPR 22 and EN 55022.

Does anyone know of the status?

My current understanding is that since I use EN 301 489-1 and EN 61000-6-3 for
some of our products, that the requirements require the latest revision of the
standard on the OJ, which would be EN 55022 1998.

On August 1st, I will have to apply A1 which require the ferrite tubes on
cables.

In December, A2 goes into effect. I believe the multi-functional equipment
requirements / definition is the primary change here.

For equipment that was tested before August 1st, 2005 on OATS or at test labs
not using the ferrite tubes, is it required [or suggested] that the equipment
be retested now using the ferrite tubes to demonstrate compliance to A1?

Feedback?

Best Regards,

Mac Elliott
EMC Engineer

Tyco Safety Products / Sensormatic
6600 Congress Avenue
Boca Raton, FL 33487

(561)-912-6462
melli...@tycoint.com

is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc discussion list.

Instructions: http://listserv.ieee.org/listserv/request/user-guide.html

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas emcp...@ptcnh.net Mike Cantwell mcantw...@ieee.org

For policy questions, send mail to: