lfresea...@aol.com wrote on 08/18/2005 05:42:04 PM:

> Hmm...
>
> This is a carrot that I need to nibble on.
>
> I take a little issue with folks by blaming software, regardless of
> the supplier. The software does what it's designed to do...

Indeed the software does what it is designed to do, but that doesn't mean
that the design is correct.

I also use software that (when using drive tables from the field
calibration) advances to the next frequency and then adjusts the drive. As
was mentioned previously, the proper way of doing this would be to check
the drive level for the next frequency. If the drive level is higher,
advance to the next frequency, then change the drive level. If the drive
level is lower, change the drive level and then advance the frequency. This
is how I did it in my previous life where I "rolled my own" RF immunity
test software.

To get around this, I could take advantage of a feature of the software I'm
now using - turning the RF off between each step. Unfortunately, this
accelerates wear on the electromechanical attenuator. So I use this only
when I need to, but I shouldn't need to.

Don Borowski
Schweitzer Engineering Labs
Pullman, WA

This e-mail may contain SEL confidential or
legally privileged information.  The opinions
expressed are not necessarily those of SEL.
Any unauthorized disclosure, distribution or
other use is prohibited.  If you received this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender,
permanently delete it, and destroy any
printed copies.

Instructions:  http://listserv.ieee.org/listserv/request/user-guide.html

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html