"White goods" are tumble driers, washing machines, dish washers etc.
By clean up I just meant address the items which constitute the majority of
WEEE.

  _____

From: richhug...@aol.com [mailto:richhug...@aol.com]
Sent: 02 September 2005 20:14
To: James, Chris; christine...@aol.com; emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: Re: WEEE Process for US Mfr's

Chris,

I was never in any meetings involving the Commission when the WEEE Directive
was being drawn up, so I cannot comment on the accuracy of you assertion below.

It seems more likely to me that - if the Commission even considered distance
selling at all - they took the view that at the present time the vast majority
of electrical products were not sold over the net.  Hence, the priority could
have been to tackle the biggest chunk of WEEE first and leave distance selling
to the inevitable next tranche of legislation.

What do you mean by "to clean up on all the internal white and household
goods"?  We may have an issue here on American vs. British English, but I'd
like to be sure.

Richard Hughes

In a message dated 02/09/2005 10:07:23 GMT Standard Time, c...@dolby.co.uk