Hi Christine:

There are 30 different programs for 30 Member States of EU on WEEE
implementation.

These programs typically require manufacturer/distributor to have a
contract with a collection/recycling entity in each country by certain
date in 2005, plus periodic reporting quantity sold and weight to
authorities in each country thereafter. Companies not registered will be
banned from selling. Some countries, like Latvia, will not require a
recycling contract. Instead they imposed a WEEE sales tax and revenue
will be used for recycling.

US Commercial Service website maintains up-to-date information on WEEE &
RoHS.

Click on any one of the 30 EU Member States for the Status of
Implementation and contact information.

http://www.buyusa.gov/europeanunion/weee.html

Samuel Lifshutz
Manager QA