From: Bob Richards [mailto:b...@toprudder.com]
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 7:10 AM
To: Pettit, Ghery; emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: RE: Use of Dipole Antenna's For FCC-A Emissions Testing

I may be thinking of CISPR 16, but I know there is a standard that says a
tuned dipole, if used vertical, must remain tuned to 80 MHz or so for
measurements down to 30 MHz.  To properly do this, however, requires
calibration factors acquired in that mode as well.

Bob Richards, NCT.

"Pettit, Ghery" <ghery.pet...@intel.com> wrote:

Jeff,

ANSI C63.4 still lists the tuned dipole antenna as the preferred antenna for
measurements from 30 MHz to 1000 MHz.  Vertically polarized you must keep the
antenna at least .25 meters above the ground plane, so, yes, you cannot get
the center of the antenna 1 meter off the ground plane.  Perfectly legal.
Just as it was when we did this (not very often, as I recall) at Tandem in the
“good old days”.

Ghery S. Pettit

  _____