I assume that OATS will still be the standard, right? If a product's compliance
is in question, results from an OATS will take precedence over any other test
site such as FARs, T-Cell, etc.. Right? OR, does the data from a FAR correlate
so well with an OATS what they are considered equivalent?

Brian

Quite right, so I asked Martin and he replied:

I expect OATS will continue to be used alongside FARs for many years decades)
to come. What the UK lab may have been intimating was that in certain
localities (most of the developed world) OATS are subject to a lot of ambient
interference so customers may be attracted to labs that have FARs.

He also supplied this URL:

http://www.npl.co.uk/electromagnetic/rfmff/newcal/emc.html
-- OOO - Own Opinions Only. Try www.jmwa.demon.co.uk and www.isce.org.uk
2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas           emcp...@ptcnh.net
Mike Cantwell           mcantw...@ieee.org

David Heald:            emc-p...@daveheald.com