In message
<e1ba0362b28ed211a1e80008c71ea30603387...@z-160-100-30-252.est.ibm.com>,
dated Wed, 15 Mar 2006, "Gordon,Ian" <ian.gor...@bocedwards.com> writes
>The EN 50147 series of standards were developed to offer compact fully
>anechoic rooms alternatives to OATS testing. However, I don't think
>there is any movement to eliminate OATS testing. Martin Alexander at
>NPL did a lot of work on the development of this standard.

Quite right, so I asked Martin and he replied:

I expect OATS will continue to be used alongside FARs for many years
decades) to come. What the UK lab may have been intimating was that in
certain localities (most of the developed world) OATS are subject to a
lot of ambient interference so customers may be attracted to labs that
have FARs.

He also supplied this URL:

http://www.npl.co.uk/electromagnetic/rfmff/newcal/emc.html
2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

     Scott Douglas           emcp...@ptcnh.net
     Mike Cantwell           mcantw...@ieee.org

     David Heald:            emc-p...@daveheald.com