All,

NOTE – Location Change For The June 28 NPSS Meeting

Location:
BioDefense Corporation
128 Spring Street
Lexington, MA 02062

Contact is Tony Nikolassy at (781) 861-8810 X222

There will be a Northeast Product Safety Society meeting on Wednesday,
June 28th, at BioDefense Corporation at 128 Spring Street, Lexington,
MA.  A social hour with light refreshments will begin at 7:00 PM and the
technical meeting will start at 7:30 PM.  Ken Stanvick of Design Chain
Associates will present this month’s topic concerning the China RoHS
requirements.  If you will be in the area, please feel free to join us
as advanced notice or membership in NPSS or IEEE PSES is not required.

Ken Stanvick has over 25 years of experience in the High Tech
Electronics Industry. His responsibilities have spanned the roles of
Design Engineer, Custom and Industry Standard Component Engineering
Group Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, and Independent Consultant at
Western Electric, Raytheon, Digital Equipment Corporation and Compaq
Computer Corporation. He is highly qualified in all aspects of the
design and supply chains with a thorough understanding of the best
practices, processes and requirements of design, electronic component
supplier technical and business management, systems manufacturing, test,
quality and reliability engineering, and ISO Registration.  Ken has
conducted environmental compliance seminars in the US, Canada, and
Mexico, training over 3000 attendees.

The China RoHS presentation will cover the following areas:
• China RoHS: What’s the Title?
• China Comparison
• Material Restrictions (Article 3)
• The Scope
• Example: Semiconductor Equipment
Semiconductor Equipment
Semiconductor Materials
• Two-Phase Approach
March 1, 2007 – Marking and Disclosure
TBD – First Catalog
• Exemptions?
• Certification Requirements (Art. 18)
• Three Marking Requirements
• Environment-Friendly Use Period?
• Material Disclosure
• Standards Status
• Penalties (Articles 22, 23, 24)
• Production Equipment (Article 10)
• China Next Steps
• Conclusions

If you or anyone you know would like to give a product safety technical
presentation, please contact Paul Smith, our meeting scheduler, by email
at pauljsmi...@cs.com.  A technical presentation should be 45 to 60
minutes in duration and be related to product safety.  Although the
presentation may reference your company and it’s services, the
presentation must not be simply company advertising.  We would also
appreciate any slides or handout materials be made available for posting
on the NPSS web site.  Releasing presentation materials for posting is
desired but not a requirement to make a presentation.

The 2006 NPSS meeting schedule is available on the NPSS website at
http://www.nepss.org/meetings/NPSS_2006-7_Calendar.html.

Further information about the Northeast Product Safety Society and how
to become a member is available at http://www.nepss.org.  You can also
contact one of the NPSS officers via links on the NPSS web site.

If you haven’t updated your contact and email address information this
year, please update it at
http://www.nepss.org/membership/profileupdate.html.

Directions:
>From Route 95 North or South [Route 128 North or South], take Exit 29A
to Route 2 East (towards Arlington) (0.1 mi)
>From Route 2 East, take Exit 53 toward Spring Street / Arlington /
Waltham (0.1 mi)
Follow ramp curve to stop sign on Spring Street (0.3 mi)

>From Boston on Route 2 West, take Exit 54A toward Waltham Street /
Waltham
         Keep Left at the fork to go on Hayden Avenue (0.9 mi)
         Take Hayden Avenue to Spring Street (0.1 mi)

Turn Right onto Spring Street
Look for a stone wall on the Right and turn right onto 128 Spring Street

Immediately turn Left after entering 128 Spring Street
Travel down the hill and park in any parking garage on the right [Best
one is the 4th one]
Enter the main entrance of the building
Take the elevator or stairs to the 3rd floor
BioDefense is in Suite 360

Regards,

Matt Campanella
    NPSS Secretary