Evaluation Engineering had a cross reference to ISO standards.
http://www.evaluationengineering.com/archive/articles/1203emc.htm

The 2004 Annual Guide from Conformity Magazine had a similar cross
reference, but I am having trouble with their web link.

I don't know of a direct cross reference between the IEC 61000 series
standards and the SAE standards.

Ted Eckert
American Power Conversion Corporation

The items contained in this e-mail reflect the personal opinions of the
writer and are only provided for the assistance of the reader. The writer
is not speaking in an official capacity for APC nor representing APC's
official position on any matter.

             <John.Friedrich@B
             ENCH.COM>
             emc-p...@ieee.org         <emc-p...@ieee.org>
                                                                        cc

             01/29/2007 04:25                                      Subject
             PM                        Cross Reference between standards

By chance is there a collection of pointers to tables that cross reference
national with international standards, e.g. SAE vs. IEC or MILSTD 810F vs.
SAE J-1455, etc?

|-------------+----------------+-------------------------------------------------------------|
|EN 301 489-1 |SAE cross ref?  |

|-------------+----------------+-------------------------------------------------------------|
 61000-4-2     ?SAE-J1113-13    2. Electrostatic Discharge Immunity Test

 61000-4-3     ?SAE J1113-21    3. Radiated, Radio-Frequency Electromagnetic
Field Immunity
                                Test

 61000-4-4     ?                4. Electrical Fast Transient/Burst Immunity
Test—Basic EMC
                                Publication

 61000-4-5     ?                5. Surge Immunity Test

 61000-4-6     ?SAE-J1113-11    6. Immunity to Conducted Disturbances, Induced
by
                                Radio-Frequency Fields

               ?SAE-J1113-22    8. Power Frequency Magnetic Field Immunity
Test—Basic EMC
                                Publication

 61000-4-11    ?                11. Voltage Dips, Short Interruptions and
Voltage Variations
                                Immunity Tests

  ISO 7637-1   ?                Transients and surges in the vehicular
environment (12V)

Another source was:

|--+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
|  |

|  |

|  |

|  |

|  |

|  |

|  |

|  |Comparison of civilian EMC immunity standards with automative EMC immunity
standards        |
|  |

|  |

|  |Sakthivel, K.N.   Das, S.K.   Kini, K.R.
                |
|  |Centre for Electromagn., SAMEER, Taramani, India

|  |

|  |

|  |This paper appears in: Electromagnetic Interference and Compatibility,
2002. Proceedings of |
|  |the International Conference on
                |
|  |Publication Date: 21-23 Feb. 2002

|  |

|  |

|--+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|--+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
|  |

|--+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

John Friedrich
Engineering Project Manager
Corporate Design Services

message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc
discussion list. Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas emcp...@ptcnh.net Mike Cantwell mcantw...@ieee.org

For policy questions, send mail to: