From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Haynes, Tim
(SELEX) (UK Capability Green)
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 9:04 AM
To: rehel...@mmm.com; emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: RE: Contact Currents

Unfortunately there is no standard that tells you how to measure contact
currents above 1 MHz.

Hmmm...

If I have a small inductor less resistor in series with the RF supply and I
measure the voltage across the resistor and divide by the resistance - maybe
that would do?

I am sure I have measured pulses in EMC tests that use an inductor less 0.1
Ω resistor and the pulses have fast rise-times with many 10's MHz bandwidth
or even more.

I have not measured contact currents in this way but I suspect it will give
a pretty good approximation.

Any other takers?

Tim

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html