Here’s a different take on interpretation.

EN 60065 applies to mains (non-portable equipment) as defined in cl. 1.1.1.,
Scope. It also applies to equipment powered by other means but that’s outside
the scope of this discussion.

Cl. 3.1, General Requirements [for safety] calls “a new method of measurement
is described in” EN 50332-1 and EN 50332-2.

I interpret this as EN 60065 is calling the 'methods of measurement' described
IN EN 50332-1, -2 to be applied to all products within the scope of EN 60065.
It is ‘borrowing’ a test method from another standard, even though that
standard does not directly apply to the all the equipment within the scope of
EN 60065.

Surely, if in principle, sound pressure is a potential safety hazard, then it
should be considered a hazard in all relevant equipment. I can understand a a
test lab or notified body erring on the most cautious interpretation of the
standard.

I’m not convinced they’re wrong, but I’m not convinced they’re right either.
Depends which side of the fence you’re on. I have no interest either way and am
sitting uncomfortably astride that proverbial fence.

Tony