In message
<0ed66cd2c9bd0a459d54fb9119a60567aae...@mailserver.lecotc.com>, dated
Thu, 5 Jun 2008, "Kunde, Brian" <brian_ku...@lecotc.com> writes:

>Whenever I see a post regarding GFIs, I always reply with the same
>advice.  Have the hospital change out their GFIs with ones that meet
>the latest requirements, which in the US is the 2006 versions.  Older
>GFIs were very susceptible to RF noise and was prone to false tripping.
>We have had numerous customers complain about our products tripping
>their GFIs. We change out their GFIs with the 2006 versions and the
>problem goes away every time.

Sound advice, but Hong Kong probably still uses the British wiring code
BS 7671, and RCCBs. US GFIs wouldn't be acceptable, even if in fact they
would work at 240 V.
Either we are causing global warming, in which case we may be able to stop it,
or natural variation is causing it, and we probably can't stop it. You choose!

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

     Scott Douglas           emcp...@ptcnh.net
     Mike Cantwell           mcantw...@ieee.org

     David Heald:            emc-p...@daveheald.com