I am very concerned about your step 4.....in terms of
measurement time.

Our software selects peaks automatically
and 400 frequencies approaching the limit is not uncommon !!!!!
Especially equipment with DC brush collector motors create
numerous spikes high above the limits (even when compliant!).

A verification peak pass on all of those peaks only with 1-10 seconds
dwell time gives us an indication if dwell time is
too short.
If the verification measurement is higher
then the initial measurement, then dwell time
definitely was too short.
The conclusion is drawn automatically by the software.

That method still does not cope with fully missed peaks,
just those that are varying slowly.

And even then, we use 0-6 dB of margin only, because
by design, a QP cannot be higher than a peak measurement.

Regards,

Ing. Gert Gremmen

ce-test, qualified testing bv