Perhaps my reply was poorly written - although I did test it on a clerk's dog
- and he wagged in a favorable manner.

My reply was similar to yours, in that some of the stuff extruded from
environmental requirements seem to be confusing, incomplete, and sometimes
contradictory of other regulatory requirements. Or do I still not understand
the point ?

Referencing the IM for equipment intended for domestic use, the EMC limits
that the device uses are the deciding factor. Regardless of an ITE definition,
the emissions limits are the deciding factor.

I noticed that Mr Woodgate used the word "sensible". I would like to hear more
of this 'sensible' after we had a pint or two. Care to meet at Cookes Thatch
in Galway next year (Thursday nites are best) ?

Brian

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@socal.rr.com>