Oh really? I believe just the opposite...

If the speaker mumbles, has lousy slides or poorly thought out and
executed progression of thoughts...THAT'S off-putting to me.

Doug, where did you get the $10,000 figure? I briefly looked at the
two links, but didn't see anything. Are you saying presenters need to
give $10,000 up front just to have their abstracts considered? Or, is
this the estimated time & effort to produce a paper that hasn't yet
been published?

Cheers, Ken
Kenneth Wyatt
Wyatt Technical Services LLC