Some standards have asked LISN’s to be used up through 150 MHz. While you
are modeling the impedance at the EUT port of the LISN, you should also think
about what a meter or two of cable between the LISN and the EUT does.

True, most standards have ignored this, simply defining what impedance the
LISN shall present to the EUT. A few years ago, the USA MIL-STD-461 limited
the upper end of conducted emission testing to 10 MHz, primarily due to the
“de-coupling” effects of the length of the power cables between the LISN
and EUT.

I’m greatly in favor of modeling whatever I can, but I always believe the
network analyzer a bit more. You can learn a lot by modeling an LISN’s
performance; you can learn a lot more by measuring the port impedance of four
“identical” LISN’s.

Ed Price

ed.pr...@cubic.com <blocked::mailto:ed.pr...@cubic.com>      WB6WSN

NARTE Certified EMC Engineer

Electromagnetic Compatibility Lab

Cubic Defense Applications

San Diego, CA  USA

858-505-2780

Military & Avionics EMC Is Our Specialty