I shifted from neutral to reverse once, while going about 60mph forward.
(Non-intentional, I must add). It actually went into reverse. The rear tires
locked up, but I was able to quickly shift back to neutral and coasted to a
stop on the side of the road. I expected to see transmission fluid leaking
out, a bent drive shaft, etc. Nothing wrong. Cranked back up and continued on
my way. This was in a Plymouth Arrow (I believe it was a Mitsubishi product),
circa 1980.

Bob R.