Hi Reginald

The FCC rules are pretty clear on this subject.

Basically, no additional testing is needed but the assembler is responsible to
maintain certain records of his final product.

  For example, 2.1075 states "If the equipment is assembled using modular
components that, by themselves, are subject to authorization under a
Declaration of Conformity and/or a grant of certification, and the assembled
product is also subject to authorization under a Declaration of Conformity
but, in accordance with the applicable regulations, does not require
additional testing, the assembler shall maintain the following records in
order to show the basis on which compliance with the standards was determined:
(1) A listing of all of the components used in the assembly; (2) Copies of the
compliance information, as described in §2.1077 for all of the modular
components used in the assembly; (3) A listing of the FCC Identifier numbers
for all of the components used in the assembly that are authorized under a
grant of certification; (4) A listing of equipment modifications, if any, that
were made during assembly; and (5) A copy of any instructions included with
the components that were required to be followed to ensure the assembly of a
compliant product, along with a statement, signed by the assembler, that these
instructions were followed during assembly. This statement shall also contain
the name and signature of an official of the responsible party, as designated
in §2.909."

It should be noted that the statement “Copies of the compliance
information” would also include Permissive Change (PC change) information.
Which means that as you purchase DoC’d items it is up to you as the
integrator to make sure you are provided with the latest compliance
information from the company you purchase supposed DoC’d products.  You are
required to keep this information on file for at least 2 years after the last
date the product is permanently discontinued.

Thanks

Dennis Ward

American TCB

Certification Resource for the Wireless Industry www.atcb.com