  From:       John McAuley <john.mcau...@cei.ie>

  To:         "'emc-p...@ieee.org'" <emc-p...@ieee.org>

  Date:       11/01/2009 02:00 PM

  Subject:    Industry Canada RSS Gen Class A/Class B

  Sent by:    <emc-p...@ieee.org>

Dear Group

I have a query regarding spurious emissions from a transmitter device. The
product is not destined a domestic/residential environment. The system
falls under Category II and RSS 310/RSS Gen. RSS 310 specifies Class B type
limits for spurious emissions.

However, in RSS-Gen it states:

"7.1.6 Digital Circuits
If the device contains digital circuitry that is not directly associated
with the radio transmitter, the device shall also have to comply with
ICES-003, Class A or B as appropriate...."

In this case the emissions are from digital circuitry in the same enclosure
as the radio transmitter but not in the same module. Can anyone advise of
the general practice in this regard for Canadian compliance?

Are Class A unintended emissions generally acceptable in a
non-domestic/residential environment for an intentional transmitter in
Canada?

Many Thanks

John McAuley
www.cei.ie