Hi Ken,

>From your response, you probably don’t know Alvin very well if at all. You
can say a lot of things about Alvin (and I probably have  :-) ) but
embarrassing the profession isn’t one of them.

But backing off from the personal issues, your response didn’t really
address the question of where the limits come from. Having participated in
standards making committees, I would have to say that there is as much
political posturing as engineering going on. I seriously doubt that there is
any scientific investigation that points to 1, 3, 10 V/m providing adequate
protection for certain environments.  I always assumed that the standards
committee picked these numbers because they looked good on a logarithmic
chart.

It would be informative if someone on the forum was actually a member of the
original CISPR committee and could refute my [perhaps] jaded experience.

…Marko