On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 07:42:14 -0700 (PDT),
  Wendy Nya <wendy...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> My company is deliberating to setup the IEC 61000-4-8 test with test
> level up to 200 Gauss. We checked that the max permissible level based
> on ICNIRP guidelines is 10 A/m2. I did some conversion and the results
> came up to be only 0.2 A/m2.

I think it is easier to apply ICNIRP reference level, which
can be read as 400 A/m at 50Hz for occupational exposure.

200 Gauss is higher than the reference level, but I think you
can establish the distance required to keep the field strength
below the reference level, and then simply warn the users not
to stay within the distance when testing.

Even if the test level was up to 400 A/m, you should note that
the field strength can be much higher near the coil anyway.

Maybe the procedure can overestimate the exposure, but I think
you can always be at safer side.

Regards,
Tom

Tomonori Sato  <vef00...@nifty.ne.jp>