        From: rehel...@mmm.com <rehel...@mmm.com>
        Subject: Fw: [PSES] 10cm above GRP requirement for 61000-4-6
        To: emc-p...@ieee.org
        Date: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 6:51 AM

        I was told by someone long ago that the 10 cm distance came about
because
        this is the height of a standard pallet and in providing this distance
from
        the ground plane allowed you to test floor standing equipment without
        removing it from the pallet.

        Bob Heller
        3M EMC Laboratory, 76-1-01
        St. Paul, MN 55107-1208
        Tel:  651- 778-6336
        Fax:  651-778-6252

                     "Gordon,Ian"

                     <Ian.Gordon@edwar

                     dsvacuum.com>
                     Sent by:                  <rehel...@mmm.com
<http://us.mc11.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=rehel...@mmm.com> >

                     emc-p...@ieee.org <http:/
us.mc11.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=emc-p...@ieee.org>
<emc-p...@ieee.org <http://us.mc11.mail
yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=emc-p...@ieee.org> >

cc

                     04/01/2009 04:22
Subject
                     AM                        RE: [PSES] 10cm above GRP

                                               requirement for 61000-4-6

        Bob et al
        I agree - or to put it another way "Upon what basis did the relevant IEC
        committee arrive at this value?"

        Ian Gordon