From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] On Behalf Of John
Woodgate
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 10:55 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] 10cm above GRP requirement for 61000-4-6

In message <FCA549BE3ECF9D4CB8CB8576837EA48905365A@ZEUS.cetest.local>,
dated Wed, 1 Apr 2009, "ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen"
<g.grem...@cetest.nl> writes:

>At school I  learned:
>
>" When no tolerance is given, +/- half of the number of significant
>digits is assumed. "
>
>When writing down 10 there is only one significant digit, so +/- 5 cm
>will do.
>
>Note :  10.  (10dot) has 2 significant digits
>
>http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FHSST_Physics_Units:Scientific_Notation,_S
> gnificant_Figures_and_Rounding

That notation isn't used by IEC/CISPR, where the standard came from.

Don't just discuss it, take it up with the TAG for IEC SC77B and get it
changed.
Things can always get better. But that's not the only option.

emc-pstc discussion list. To post a message to the list, send your
e-mail to <emc-p...@ieee.org>

Graphics (in well-used formats), large files, etc. can be posted to that
URL.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@ptcnh.net>

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html