My experience has been that USA NEMA style plugs see much less damage
than their associated cables. Further, just about zero percentage of USA
consumer equipment ships with a replaceable plug. Even in commercial
equipment, the under 15 Amp equipment hardly ever has a replaceable
plug. About the only time I see replaceable plugs is for the large
Twist-lock style connectors used for 230 V single phase or 208 V
three-phase, 60 Hz or 400 Hz. And my new clothes dryer shipped with a
molded 230 V 20 Amp single phase plug.

Ed Price
ed.pr...@cubic.com     WB6WSN
NARTE Certified EMC Engineer
Electromagnetic Compatibility Lab
Cubic Defense Applications
San Diego, CA  USA
858-505-2780
Military & Avionics EMC Is Our Specialty

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@ptcnh.net>