Van: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] Namens John Woodgate
Verzonden: dinsdag 24 januari 2012 19:14
Aan: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Onderwerp: Re: power plugs

In message <cb45076e.15946%scott...@gmail.com>, dated Wed, 25 Jan 2012,
Scott Xe <scott...@gmail.com> writes:

>In Europe, Euro plug is widely used and accepted although each country
>may have their own plug.  As in EN standard, the product must be fitted

>with the plug in the country where the product is sold.  Is Euro plug
>legally correct in those countries?

It depends on what you mean by 'Europlug'. This term is usually used for

the 6 amp 2-pin plug, but it is also, confusingly used for the Schuko
plug, 10 amp, roughly circular with 2 pins and side-contacts for
earth/ground.

The 6 amp 2 pin plug is legal in all countries except UK, I think. There

is a version of the Schuko plug which also accommodates the 'other' 10 A

wall socket that has a projecting pin for earth/ground instead of
side-contacts.  This works in France and Italy (most parts) as well as
Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Austria and the Nordic countries.
Some people who are peeling the finch of the financial crisis are
thinking of
biting a rook.

emc-pstc discussion list. To post a message to the list, send your
e-mail to <emc-p...@ieee.org>

Attachments are not permitted but the IEEE PSES Online Communities site
at http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/ can be used for graphics (in
well-used formats), large files, etc.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>