Neven,

Your suspicion regarding the modulating frequency is on the right track.
Normally, the mod freq is set just above the audio range. There's something
very wrong if the specs only allow 3 to 100 Hz. Is that a misprint perhaps?

You should be able to see the "spread" harmonics easily at 120 kHz RBW. If you
don't see that, it's just not being modulated correctly.

If you provide the specific SSC chip used, the group could probably help you
better.

Cheers, Ken
Kenneth Wyatt
Wyatt Technical Services LLC