My instruments are lying to me!!!
Or I have used different settings to look at different SSC signals.
And like the proverbial bumblebee that was not told he cannot fly because
theory says so, these stupid instruments did not read the textbooks.
I gotta get a cheaper instrument to see reality.
Those R&S boat anchors are ignoring the textbooks.
I'm not disagreeing, as much as being disagreeable, ;-),
The automotive tests ask for their own criteria in testing.
And I remember the automotive days - fondly!

Where, for the first time, I saw those lying instruments show me a QP higher
than the Peak.
And the instruments were CISPR 16 compliant!
Again it was an instrument setting issue - the difference in the spec's that
were being tested to!

Changing the RBW will give information about the modulation technique,
triangle, herseys kiss, digital steps, etc. and will also show different
amplitudes depending on conditions.  I "assumed" the usual for me.
The usual or common, but that depends on what industry is being considered,
frequency sweep over time, kinda like dialing a receiver over a frequency range
only to find that this SSC noise pops in now and then, to provide a brief
moment of interference.
The "protected" folks seem to care only about interference in the time domain.
They say don't make a chirp in my broadcast!
And that happens at any moment in time when the SSC crosses over the licence
holders frequency.
The automotive guys might be concerned with not deploying the airbags when the
SSC crosses over the trigger frequency, or some such situation.

Or the sarcastic remark we'd make is that it is broadcasting on all frequencies
for everyone's listening enjoyment!