From: John Woodgate
Sent: 02/17/12 09:50 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Lead-free article

 In message <ca2031b25ecf4165abe4a98bb2bdc...@tamuracorp.com>, dated Fri, 17
Feb 2012, Brian Oconnell <oconne...@tamuracorp.com> writes: >And we cannot say
that was just another unintended affect. I read the >similar stuff from approx
2003 to 2005. So if the assertion that >lead-free is not net-good for the
planet is valid, what would it take >to rescind? Or is this another permanent
temporary tax? > All this eco-stuff in Europe is driven by Green Party
activists, mostly in Germany, I think. But they are elsewhere: I've met some in
Netherlands. Because it's emotional and political, you don't get to change it
by reasoning. If pollution, environmental toxins, etc. were really as deadly as
is made out, we'd be extinct by now. The people of Cornwall, far west of
England, say they thrive on the radon that comes from their volcanic rocks.
That's a bit far the other way, but one may ponder that the last 50 years or so
of anti-radon measures follow some 900 thousand years of human o!
 ccupation with none. -- OOO - Own Opinions Only. Try www.jmwa.demon.co.uk and
www.isce.org.uk John Woodgate, J M Woodgate and Associates, Rayleigh, Essex UK
If 'QWERTY' is an English keyboard, what language is 'WYSIWYG' for? -
---------------------------------------------------------------- This message
is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc discussion list.
emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at:
http://www.ieee-pses.org/emc-pstc.html Attachments are not permitted but the
IEEE PSES Online Communities site at http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/ can
be used for graphics (in well-used formats), large files, etc. Website:
http://www.ieee-pses.org/ Instructions:
http://listserv.ieee.org/request/user-guide.html List rules:
http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html For help, send mail to the list
administrators: Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net> Mike Cantwe!