From: "David Carney (Neenah)" <david.car...@plexus.com>
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [PSES] Slip Rings and EMI
Date:         Thu, 3 May 2012 12:18:48 -0500

We're considering a slip ring in a design to pass some wires through a
rotating motor shaft, and we have never used one before.  Are there any
EMI concerns with this architecture?  If there are concerns, what types
of mitigations are used for EMI when slip rings are used?  If slip rings
are to be avoided for certain types of signals due to EMI concerns, what
other alternatives should we consider?

Thanks.

David T. Carney P.E. (WI)
Senior Design Engineer