I have used slip rings in similar applications before, one high speed and one
low speed. Mercury wetted slip rings have excellent low noise characteristics.
Expensive though.

For a high speed low current application we used a straight spring wire which
made side contact with the slip ring and was also free from contact noise.

John McAuley
Sent from my iPhone

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>