Greetings,
Greetings to all, this is my first post to the list.
My question deals with the Applicability paragraph of CE106.  How does one
apply the +/-5% non-applicability rule when the necessary bandwidth exceeds 10%
of the fundamental frequency by a fair margin?
Quoting the standard:
"The transmit mode portion of this requirement is not applicable within the EUT
necessary bandwidth and within ±5 percent of the fundamental frequency."

The case I am referring to is real.  However, to prevent exposure of
proprietary information, I will use a hypothetical example:
An airborne synthetic aperture radar having a fixed nominal chirp bandwidth of
1500 MHz at a center frequency of 15 GHz, illuminates a  designated area on the
ground. The radar fly's by the area, capturing multiple images, each from
different depression and squint angles.  During the transit of the imaging
path, the radar center frequency and chirp bandwidth are gradually shifted for
the purpose of improving the image quality. The resulting envelope of occupied
(chirp BW + center freq shift) is 2000 MHz.

Chad Airy
SM, IEEE EMC SOCIETY
Senior RF Engineer
EMC Lab Manager