I would say that they refer to the INSTANTANEOUS bandwidth.

Cortland Richmond
-----Original Message-----
From: "Airy, Chad"
Sent: Aug 6, 2012 6:43 PM
To: "emc-p...@ieee.org"
Subject: MIL STD 461E NECESSARY BANDWIDTH

Greetings,

Greetings to all, this is my first post to the list.

My question deals with the Applicability paragraph of CE106.  How does one apply the +/-5% non-applicability rule when the necessary bandwidth exceeds 10% of the fundamental frequency by a fair margin?

Quoting the standard:

”The transmit mode portion of this requirement is not applicable within the EUT necessary bandwidth and within ±5 percent of the fundamental frequency.”

The case I am referring to is real.  However, to prevent exposure of proprietary ...     radar center frequency and chirp bandwidth are gradually shifted for the purpose of improving the image quality. The resulting envelope of occupied (chirp BW + center freq shift) is 2000 MHz.

This message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc discussion list. To post a message to the list, send your e-mail to <emc-p...@ieee.org>

All emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at: http://www.ieee-pses.org/emc-pstc.html

Attachments are not permitted but the IEEE PSES Online Communities site at http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/ can be used for graphics (in well-used formats), large files, etc.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html